Here are some news from the Developers on what they are working on for the 0.21 Update.
As most of you already know, 0.21 is an important update for us, because it’s the first proper update primarily focused on Career Mode, the least developed area of the game at the moment. Needless to say, we are all very excited about what’s coming.
* Revised Flight-End scene flow.
In preparation for Career gameplay, we are rethinking the way flights are ended. Gone is the ‘End Flight’ button in the Pause Menu, cause of many a tale of accidental space station deletion. Now, you’ll either get to return to the Space Center (as before), or when applicable, Revert to an earlier state (to launch or to the editors). More information on this soon.
* Player Progress Tracking System
Another step forward into Career Mode, this is an internal game system that will be used to track players as they progress towards advancing Kerbalkind to being a proper space-faring civilization. This is a core system, so don’t expect much in terms of new content from this… It will pave the way towards some very cool new features down the road though.
* Overhauled Space Center Scenery
Time to go over the most underdeveloped part of the game. Gone will be the placeholder terrain, and in comes proper scenery for the space center. And because it’s the same terrain as in flight, we don’t need to reload it when going for a launch. This should cut down transition times from KSC to flight quite a lot.
* The Astronaut Complex Facility
Another huge feature in the making, the Astronaut Complex is a new building at the Space Center, that gives you an overview of all your available victims brave explorers, and lets you recruit new ones from a list of applicants.
* Crew Management
Along with the Astronaut Complex, this adds the ability to select the crew for a vessel before launch (from the launch sites or from the editors). Pick from the list of available crewmembers, and assign them to any (yes, any) part on the vessel.
* Overhauled Space Center Facilities.
We’re also re-doing the VAB and SPH models, to bring them up to par with the facilites we already did on the previous updates.
* More Upgrades to Parts and Part Modules.
Continuing our work with moving all our parts to the new Modules system we implemented in 0.18, this update will feature yet more parts completely re-coded to the new system, allowing for many new possibilities from both stock and mod parts.
-KSP Dev Team
- zach-the-cat1 likes this
- theamazingtrixie likes this
- originalabed reblogged this from kerbaldevteam
- kjginger reblogged this from kerbaldevteam
- phalanxia likes this
- ventlin reblogged this from kerbaldevteam
- hatsalesman likes this
- crazyforthedesert likes this
- iamroboyto likes this
- totallyf likes this
- i-just-swallowed-an-abacus likes this
- lewiseast20 likes this
- killernat likes this
- frefo likes this
- captahab likes this
- nikumai likes this
- turnerschade likes this
- angryreddjango likes this
- ironside451 reblogged this from kerbaldevteam
- ironside451 likes this
- jackyerxa likes this
- shexbeer reblogged this from kerbaldevteam
- talesofamisanthrope likes this
- 74-03 likes this
- kabazt likes this
- plenty-for-all likes this
- prottimus likes this
- newtgingwitch likes this
- raccoonoverlord reblogged this from kerbaldevteam
- raccoonoverlord likes this
- teddydd likes this
- isibboi likes this
- ponyponyadventure likes this
- madeofwolves likes this
- conviction-notice likes this
- electronic-engi likes this
- johnnychew likes this
- skatingnoods likes this
- cammakoj likes this
- crysomemoar likes this
- narcissisticrobot likes this
- stupidgaystuff likes this
- architectindisguise likes this
- neronix17 likes this
- swagna likes this
- basquill likes this
- jammkat likes this
- tacowrath likes this
- painmongr likes this
- royal-starlord likes this